Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: Paint Party Friday: Practice, Practice, Practice!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Paint Party Friday: Practice, Practice, Practice!


Happy Paint Party Friday, dear blog friends!  Thank you so much to all those who joined last Friday's Auction Blog Hop to benefit the Sandy Hook Elementary School.  The winning bid was Geralyn's who also offered a wonderfully whimsical Santa for the auction. 

I joined the All Things Mixed Media Art Google+ Community and there, I came across Ardith's post How to Become a Better Painter. She encourages us to "Paint....just go paint and practice, practice, practice."  So I decided to stop making excuses that I don't have time and just do it, even for just a short time every day.  Here's the mixed media piece I'm working on.

Drop by Paint Party Friday and see how other artists are practicing!

20 blog hugs:

froebelsternchen said...

just gorgeous Peggy!
Happy PPF

Susi from the monthly challenge
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY
with the current theme:
special moments!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

This is a great start. The little boy has such a beautiful face and the composition is very interesting. I look forward to seeing it finished

Anne Manda said...

Beautiful WIP, love your sketch! <3

Doda Smith said...

Your WIP is beautiful, so much character in the faces already!

Netty said...

loving your beautiful WIP. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Ivy said...

This is lovely! HPPF and Happy Spring!

denthe said...

Beautiful drawing! That child is so sweet ...

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a very touching piece. I love the child's expression and the collaged patterns you're adding. Blessings!

Deepa Gopal said...

Love the cute boy's expression. It's beautiful!
HPPF!
Deepa
http://deepazworld.blogspot.ae/

DVArtist said...

Peggy this is amazing!! The expression on the boys face is priceless. Wonderful piece of art.
Nicole/Beadwright

Deanna said...

You're off to a wonderful start with this piece! Thank you for posting a link to Ardith's post. I'm going to check it out. I also make excuses and get stuck when I want to paint or draw because I'm so concerned with making it perfect. I need to be freer with my artwork and just do it!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love seeing your portrait in progress, Peggy, and the peek into your process.
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Linda Kunsman said...

what a beautiful painting already-I love the soft features of your images-really nice!! Happy PPF!

Christine said...

Beautuful painting Peggy!

Unknown said...

I love their body language. It's looking really beautiful.

Giggles said...

Peggy I this piece...it's so sweet and the color is precious!! I agree the more you paint the better you get!!

Hugs Giggles

Unknown said...

Beautiful and heartwarming. Thank you for sharing. Happy PPF!!!

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

wow.. that is lovely. HPPF

Unknown said...

Amazing expressions on these two. Happy PPF (on Saturday!)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Most everything could benefit from the sound advice of practice, practice, practice. I'm glad you shared your practice with you. Very lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails