The auction has ended. Thank you so much for participating!
Hello, dear blog friends, welcome to my auction post for The Paint Party Friday's Auction Blog Hop to Benefit the Sandy Hook Elementary School! We're celebrating our 2nd year anniversary!
Although I live far away from the USA, events like the shooting incident in the Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14th, 2012, affect all of us. Twenty innocent children and 6 brave adults lost their lives that day. It reminds me that life is uncertain. "Cherish every moment, for you know not what tomorrow brings and life holds many surprises;" This is a line I wrote in my prayer journal before we found out that my late husband had cancer (my post about this). And indeed, the challenge is to cherish every moment and "Find joy in the journey."
This painting is an original mixed media piece (5 3/4" x 9") painted on book paper coated with gesso, with text added using the direct image transfer method. I used acrylics, watercolors, colored pencils, dimensional paint and it includes bookpaper circles and real lace.
All proceeds from this painting will go directly to a Sandy Hook Elementary Charity.
This auction will run from Friday March 15th, 2013 until Monday March 18th, 2013. Shipping (anywhere worldwide) is free. (The buyer is responsible for any duty/taxes/etc.)
How to bid:
1. Please, please please, place a bid (with a way to reach you) in the comments section (any amount is okay and I dread not having anyone making a bid for my painting!) Do I hear $1? ;-)
2. Bookmark this page so that you can easily check back to see if you've been outbid or let me know if you want me to email you if you've been outbid.
3. If you are the winning bid, I will contact you.
4. I will not personally be collecting any money and payment will be made from you to any one of these Sandy Hook Elementary charities.
5. Once you have made your donation to the Sandy Hook Elementary charity, you will send your proof of donation (a forwarded receipt) to me at: peggyapl (at) gmail (dot) com
6. After I have received your proof of donation (and you have given me your address), I will mail your painting out to you!
As you make your bids, please keep in mind that all proceeds go to a worthy cause (and that you will make me very happy!)...
Happy 2nd Anniversary PPF and happy bidding, dear blog friends! Of course, even if you don't bid, please leave a comment to let me know you've dropped by. I am also linking this to Inspire Me Monday.