Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: Lenten Reflections

Friday, March 2, 2012

Lenten Reflections

In the Catholic Church, we are celebrating the season of Lent, forty days of drawing closer to God through prayer, fasting and repentance.  Last year, I made an Artist Trading Card for each day of Lent. Here they are in my ATC album...


I wrote my reflection for the day on the back of the ATC. 


And I thought of posting an ATC from this collection for this year's Lent.


Of course that didn't happen since I didn't get to scan them.


Completing this set last year encouraged me to try to make my prayer journal an art journal as well.  


Here is one of my pages for this Lent...


If you would like to celebrate Lent with your family, here is a free Easter Devotional Book (to make a Jesus Tree) by Ann Voscamp.  May this season be a special time for you as well.  

58 blog hugs:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - such beautiful work! I gave up chips for lent this year. Seems a little pedestrian in comparison - LOL!
Rinda

laura.krokos@uscm.org said...

Wow. Swing all these is like heaven. So beautiful!!!

Laura said...

Sorry, seeing, not sewing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful journal page Peggy! I remember your ATCs from last year. They are awesome. Happy PPF! :-)

Helen Campbell said...

Your cards are wonderful, as is your journal page. Wishing you a blessed Lent.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work :)

Nordljus said...

Beautiful art work, they look great together, and I like how colourful they are.

Carolyn Dube said...

How powerful to see all of your Lent ATC's together! WOW!

Sarah said...

These are fabulous and the colours amazing!! Love how you've written in curves!!! Thanks for sharing your space Sarah at 1 - having a late WOYWW peek on Friday!

Kokopelli said...

Oh my, so many beautiful cards! Can't stop looking.

carlarey said...

Such beautiful cards. It must be really uplifting to go back and reread them all.

carol l mckenna said...

Peggy ~ delightful, colorful and joyful creations ~namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy PPF ^_^ ~

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! Each one is so unique and beautiful. A great way to reflect on this season.

Unknown said...

these are so beautiful my friend ! I am so inspired by them.
-KAT-

Mary C. Nasser said...

So glad you posted this collection!
Love that the ATC have art on both sides. The written reflection on the backs is a great idea, too!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Unknown said...

Your work is so beautiful.

pauline said...

Wow. You make me wanna take up religion. :-)

Your cards are absolutely amazing. You really have a way with lettering and colours... just beautiful! Happy PPF! xoxo

sonyamacdesigns said...

awesome ... beautiful work!

Jill said...

These are just lovely! What a wonderful idea. I've really enjoyed looking at them.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Love them; love the idea. Well done!

Faye said...

Peggy, I so much enjoy seeing your beautiful artwork. I know when I come here it will be receiving a bit of spiritual food.

Cindy said...

I really like that idea of an ATC for each day of Lent (or Advent)plus the reflection - what a beautiful keepsake (and idea) I am pinning this to remember!

Molly said...

very joyous and colorful

Unknown said...

Wow!! They are so colorful and inspiring!!

Robin Panzer Art said...

A really lovely page Peggy. Happy PPF! #20 Robin Panzer Art Studio 33

Netty said...

A terrific idea and loving your page. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow Peggy... that is such a beautiful way to reflect on Lent! Such a great idea! You could make a Lenten book from those! :)

Daniele Valois said...

very nice. YOu have a beautiful style!

EVA said...

Beautiful! They must be wonderful to look back on and reread.

Anonymous said...

beautiful work, you are so talented,

Anna said...

oh how I love Ann Voskamps book and blog. Your ATC collection from last years Lent is breathtaking! I love the color choices and the verses that I can read clearly. What a beautiful treasure you have created.

Ayala Art said...

All of them are so beautiful! Great colors. And the page is very pretty. I celebrate Lent too!

Angenita said...

They are beautifull anf I really like how the letters are written on your atc. It looks like there is a light behind them.
Good luck and enjoy your season of Lent.

Jen Price said...

Wow! Those are incredible! I love all the colors.

*jean* said...

beautiful!! happy PPF!

Sadee Schilling said...

What a great idea, to make an ATC for every day of Lent. I love the way you use your beautiful art to focus on the Lord!

Janine said...

How wonder- joy- and coöoufull.
I love this inspiering cards. They should be published and sold

JKW said...

This is a fantastic idea.. .. .. I love the look of them and the thought behind them. Blessings, Janet PPF

Mary said...

What a wonderful collection of atc's you have created for Lent...they are beautiful, as is your journal page.

Jenny said...

Oh Peggy... your ATC's are incredibly stunning... I love that each one has a reflection on it... and your book page is gorgeous... you draw so beautifully...

Hugs
Jenny x

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely beautiful!!
Have a lovely Sunday.
XO Marie

Vicki said...

I love this! Your ATCs are just amazing. I would love to see them all. Thank you for the link too. We need some time to reflect as a family. The past week has been so busy time to prioritize again.

Sabina said...

Love the softness of the colors in all your works, and the subtle color blends.

Anne Manda said...

Beautiful, evocative work! <3

Serendipity Stamping said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful art work for Lent. I always enjoy visiting you, even though I don't always leave a comment. #160

Unknown said...

I love this so much.....I too am in the midst of Lent and I love your reminder to stay close and pray each and every day.....You ACEOs are amazing and the journal will be amazing too....Bless your heart!!!!

Unknown said...

I love so much you pieces. They are always beautiful and full of meaning, they always bring me peace!

Renee! said...

Beautiful cards! I love "The Lord is My Shepherd..." one!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Renee
PPF
xoxo

Alexandra MacVean said...

These are brilliant. I SO love your vibrant colors and empowering statements. :)

Tracey FK said...

your colour and line work really comes alive seeing these all together like this... amazing collection of your skills on display...xx

Lorraine said...

Fantastic selection of pages!

Annabelle said...

An incredible lovely collection of work and so meaningful. Thanks for sharing: )

Gwen said...

A fabulous way to use ATCs
xx

Sandy said...

This is a beautiful and meaningful collection of art, what true treasure of devotion and legacy of faith. Deeply touched, thank you for that.

DVArtist said...

This turned out so beautiful. Great art.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lesley Edmonds said...

I missed these ATCs. Truly and beautiful devotion. And this year's page is very powerful with a clear message. Just wonderful.

Create With Joy said...

These are SO gorgeous and inspirational Peggy! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

I'm following you on Linky Followers & invite you to join me there too!

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

Lynn Cohen said...

Such a lovely series. Nice to bring your spirituality into your art this way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails