Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: Journal Illustration: This I know, God is on My Side

Friday, February 3, 2012

Journal Illustration: This I know, God is on My Side


This is a part of a page of my journal.  It speaks of the times when we pray for something and keep waiting for His answer which seems so long in coming.  What a lovely verse from Psalm 56 which says "Are my tears not stored in your vial, recorded in your book?"  Each tear we shed, collected and recorded by God.

The verse continues with hope and confidence, "This I know, God is on my side."  This I will quote to myself when things don't seem to be going the way I want them to.  God is on my side.

And my prayer for you, dear blog friends, "May God grant you what you have asked of him."1 Samuel 1:17

64 blog hugs:

Christine said...

Lovely work, thanks for your prayers!

GlorV1 said...

Beautiful work. Thank you for the prayers and since I shed tears the other day, hopefully he caught mine.:) Wonderful job done, happy PPF!

Helen Campbell said...

Peggy,your journal page is beautiful! It's been a rough week, and you've encouraged me with this page and your prayers. Thank you!

Laura @ Beholding Glory said...

Thank you! Almot brought me to tears for you to pray that for me right now. It's exactly what the Lord has been encouraging me with all week. Thank you! And what a great picture!! I would love to share it on facebook! (Is there a way to have your name or blog on it?)

Thanks for linking up with Brag on God Friday.

Ayala Art said...

She is so beautiful Peggy! SO delicate, and with emotion, very nice calligraphy too.

Mandy said...

Oh Peggy. i love comimg to your blog and seeing the wonderful pages you create..they are so beautiful...and this one particularly is so peaceful...i still think this would make a wonderful book...xxx

lazy_turtle said...

your journal skecth is awesome! they are so lovely!

farah
malaysia

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful and the script is lovely also -something I wish I could do but my writing isn't so artistic!

Kokopelli said...

Oh how beautiful! And how sad.

Netty said...

Thank you for sharing this special and beautiful piece. Happy PPF, Annette x

Apni Avani said...

Such a pretty face!

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Anne Manda said...

Very special, gentle and beautiful! <3

Nordljus said...

She is beautiful! Happy PPF Peggy.

Mary C. Nasser said...

What a powerful and beautiful journal page.
Your composition combining the figure and text is exquisite!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Anonymous said...

such lovely delicate work, thankyou so much for sharing, beautiful

Deanna said...

great drawing, such a lovely lady in the picture even with the truth of her tears.

I'm only just now beginning to apply the scriptures into my life as the bank of conifidence that Jesus has always it to be in my life ---and what a conquerer in Christ I'm beginning to witness. it's surely a baby step by baby step as I keep working at it. *How thankful that Jesus never gives up on us (me), He just never will -How thankful I am!*

This is a lovey post!! Thanks :O)

EVA said...

A beautiful and touching page.

carlarey said...

Your drawings are so lovely. Each one must be a meditation as you work on it.

Gloria said...

It's a beautiful painting and wonderful to be reminded of those words; tears and me are well acquainted.

I had a peek at some of your other posts and your atcs- very, very pretty.

For some reason, your comment is in my blog comments list, but not on the actual post. More strangeness from blogger, I suppose.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Beautiful. I'm learning how to use faces and painting in my art journal more and this is really helpful.
Rinda

Unknown said...

thank you and my He bless you too.. thanks for the prayer ! your so sweet and a lovely person heart and soul.

-KAT-

faye said...

Beautiful journal page and beautiful blessing.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful piece which speaks to my 'heart'.. I think you ought to frame it!
She is beautiful! Thank you for your inspiration. Darlene xo

Alicia C said...

this is beautiful

Sunshineshelle said...

Very delicate & beautiful - lovely journal piece - Happy PPF :)

Debbie said...

This is beautiful, Peggy. I love the verse.

ANNE said...

Very beautiful work. Happy PPF!

Pamela said...

One of my favorite stories since I lived through Hannah's heartache. My tears are important enough to God to be kept in a vial. Praises to my God!

Daphne said...

What wonderful verses and a beautiful journal page! Thank you so much for the reminder from scripture!!
Blessings-

Carol said...

Beautiful and thank you so much for the prayers!

Elisa Choi said...

Thank you so much peggy for the prayer. I really needed that. God is always on my side. I have to trust Him always.

DVArtist said...

This page has so much emotion. The face the verse. Beautiful
Nicole/Beadwright

Jaime Haney said...

Very reassuring verses and words. Your work is beautiful and I'll take all the prayers I can get!

Victoria said...

Beautiful...such a special piece...wonderful!
Victoria

Jenny Petricek said...

Beautiful portraiture, and what an important reminder for all of us! Thank you for sharing!

Rhoda said...

That is a great encouraging reminder - thank you! It reminds me of the song, 'This I know, my God is for me, this I know'. Sometimes we can get discouraged, but to remember God is for us and on our side makes everything else seems much less significant!

deeplyrootedinbeing said...

Beautiful.

Fallingladies said...

Lovely page!

JKW said...

Beautiful thoughts and words. From your mouth to God's ear, but I'm not waiting, I'm getting ready for Him to give me my Yellow Cottage by the water. Blessings, Janet PPF

Cindy said...

Your prayer journals are always so inspiring...and beautiful words to accompany them!

Unknown said...

Beautiful page... so sad..

carol l mckenna said...

She is indeed beautiful ~ lovely page ~ namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

Molly said...

beautiful. i really like the subtle colors and shading.

thanks for sharing!

Geckostone said...

Peggy this is so beautiful!!! Brings tears of joy!!!

EVA said...

Another beautiful page! What a special journal you are creating.

WrightStuff said...

This is a beautiful addition to what promises to be a very special journal.

Alexandra MacVean said...

She is beautiful! I love the colours, softness and I've always enjoyed those who have the ability to add text within their art and it still looks great!! :) Happy SS!

Heather Foust said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including us in your prayers. Lovely piece and a wonderful piece of scripture to keep in your head, in your heart. xox Corrine

Tammie Lee said...

quite lovely and tender.

bohemiannie! art said...

OMGoodness! I'm in good company here. I wanted to tell you that your painting is beautiful and yes...God is on your side.

Unknown said...

I really love your work! This is so beautiful. Your lettering is so neat and precise... just gorgeous!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

All in His time, all in His time. Beautiful page Peggy. She is beautiful!

Unknown said...

You always make such beautiful and warm pieces. Just love them!

Renee! said...

Really nice... love the scripture! Just stopping by to say hello and share some PPF love! Following you, would love it if you'd follow me too!
Renee
xoxo
www.fussitup.blogspot.com

Gloria j Zucaro said...

beautiful sweet faces, lovely sentiments, thank you.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminder: God is on our side! You are very gifted in painting! What a joy to see you using it for God's glory. Your sweet comment on my blog blessed me this morning:) Terri

Carolyn Dube said...

She evokes such emotion! Wow!

Daniele Valois said...

beautiful page!

I hate to cook! said...

Lovely...and inspiring :)

Joycekk said...

Would you mind if I used this beautiful interpretation of Hannah's feelings for a children's Bible quizzing powerpoint?

Unknown said...

Your blessed and a blessing. 🙏🏻🙏🏻💐

Related Posts with Thumbnails