Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday: WIP Artist Trading Cards

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday: WIP Artist Trading Cards


Looking at all the Artist Trading Cards on WOYWWers desks last week made me envious of all the wonderful ATCs WOYWWers got for the WOYWW anniversary swap.  Since I was out of the country, I wasn't able to make more than one so I decided to make some.  I decided on a Filipino theme and started out with backgrounds from a Filipino songbook...


Then I made some faces and tried to make them look Filipino.  Each one of the girls will be wearing a "terno", a type of Philippine traditional dress worn on formal occasions.  It has big "butterfly" sleeves like this...

Lea, 1926

Here is an ATC that's almost finished...


What's on your workdesk?  Join in the fun of peeking and showing off your desk!

76 blog hugs:

martinealison said...

Un travail magnifique... J'aime vos petites cartes avec vos jeunes filles philippines...
Très joli travail...

En ce moment je dessine le croquis de ma prochaine peinture qui aura encore une fois des inspirations philippines...

Gros bisous

Joynana said...

You are a true artist. I wish that I could draw faces the way you do. Wonderful. #14

Danielle said...

I love how you used the song book as your backgrounds for your ATC's. And your painted ladies are very lovely. dani22

Lisabella Russo said...

These are gorgeous! And oh so tiny and adorable. An excellent series indeed...

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Wow, amazing - I love those pretty faces.

Lisa Richards said...

Very gorgeous cards!
Have a great WOYWW!
Lisa #41

SandeeNC said...

wow, I am blown away at the painted ladies, you're a wonderful artist! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Valerie said...

these ATC's look great! You are very talented. I was a bit jealous too but I had just started joining in when the anniversary swap took place. Maybe I'll do it next year. Valerie #36

okienurse said...

Love your ATC's! I am trying to learn to draw faces but they all seem to come out looking the same unlike your gorgeous girls! Love the puffy sleeves on the dress and the girl is beautiful. Have a great week. Vickie @23

kissinia said...

Well I really love what I see! Paint! Brilliant. Happy WOYWW! kissinia

Helen said...

oh, just wonderful!! You have such talent. Happy WOYWW, Helen, 33

Maria Ontiveros said...

this is fantastic! I'm amazed at how quickly you can draw a batch of faces, and how easily you are able to create a wonderful scene around them. Finally, I love the Filipino theme. Just beautiful.
Rinda

KatzElbows said...

I'm always blown away by your art. The way your draw and paint is incredible. Your desk looks fab this week, with all that wonderful colour. And yes, it is lvoely to craft at work, but it I would much rather work!

cheers, rachel #19

SophieNewton said...

Loe the vintage image, your ATCs are fabulous
Sophie no.93

Hazel said...

Gorgeous ATCs - the faces are just right for the beautiful backgrounds you've created thanks for the opportunity of having a peep at your workspace - trying to make a few visits early this week! Hazel, WOYWW #87 x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super artwork for those ATC's. Fab pic too. Take care & enjoy snooping. Zo xx 74

Ann B said...

Beautiful artwork and the ATCs are little treasures. Wish I could draw.
Ann B
#67

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ATC's

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #57

Annie Claxton said...

Absolutely beautiful artwork on your ATCs and love the idea of colouring the songbook paper. Happy WOYWW! Annie #89

VonnyK said...

YOur ATC's are beautiful. The faces are gorgeous, love the music idea.
Have a great week.
Von #28

Miriam said...

Fabulous artwork.

#101

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous. They look so sweet and colourful and I just love them. Funny, I've been hopping and a few of us have been carrying on with ATC play. It's as if the WOYWW crowd has a hive mind sometimes - we all get inspired by something and off we go!

But again, just lovely work (and the old photo too - love it)

Mary Anne (4)

Neet said...

Thanks for the visit to me Peggy - I was calling in on you anyway. Just stayed in bed a little longer than anticipated.
What wonderful atc's you are making, they would look wonderful all lined up in a frame with those gorgeous faces that you do. The backgrounds are delightful - what did you use to colour them, they are so vital and alive.
Thanks for the info on the traditional dress, what fabulous sleeves.
Thanks for sharing - Blessings, Neet #21 xx

Spyder said...

oh wow! this weeks Wednesday dash is showing so much talent! Love art work, love it! Have a great week! HaPpY WoYwW
((Lyn)) #20

Jenny said...

LOVE your ATC's Peggy... your girls are just beautiful... and the backgrounds fabulous... they are so lovely...

Hugs
Jenny x

Unknown said...

These are very nice!! #118

Belinda Basson said...

Love your ATCs and the photo to show what you were talking about.

Angie said...

Your photo is gorgeous and the atcs you are creating from its inspiration are beautiful.#9

Twiglet said...

So beautiful - I love the national dress too. x Jo #84

Jingle said...

Beautiful faces!!! WOW! Your paintbox makes me happy! Just say'n. What brand do you use?

Lisa Graham said...

Beautiful ladies! Those look fun. I am working on an acrylic painting again.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful atc's Peggy, love the bright colours and the pretty ladies with their traditional dress. Odd to think you hadn't seen a Canadian Goose until recently as they're almost like vermin in Michigan there's so many of them!

Hugs
Brenda 2

SueH said...

It would take me a month of Sundays to draw just one of those faces Peggy but you’ve managed so many this week. The ATC looks amazing and I’m sure that whoever you send them to will be thrilled.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x
#82

donnalouiserodgers said...

thank you for your visit and kind comment Peggy, I do like your atc's and the butterfly wing sleeves are just gorgeous, so very very feminine,

dxxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love your Filipino ATCs. Those sure are some big fancy sleeves those ladies have.

May said...

Stunning ATC's.. your art work is simply Brillant... Hugs May x x x#62

Amy E said...

WOW! Gorgeous ATCs!!! I wish I could paint like that!!

Thanks for your sweet words on my Father's Day card! It took forever, but I had fun making it!!

Happy WOYWW!!!

Amy E. #17
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Lavinia said...

Wonderfully creative desk & very inspiring Artwork, the ATC's are amazing!
Lavinia #5
x

Sharon said...

what a neat idea. Your faces are beauiful!
sharon

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh my! You are really going to town with those faces. It looks like not just a WIP, but an assembly line of very different faces. How incredible. I was here earlier, but my computer locked up. Now I'm back. Happy end of WOYWW. I bet it's Thursday where you are.

scrappymo! said...

Great idea...Love the faces and the Filipino music backgrounds.
Magnifique!

Raven's Rest Studio, Jennifer Conway said...

oh! They're wonderful! I love the small pile of faces - beautiful work. *smiles* ~Jen

PaperArtsy said...

The Filipino girls look amazing, love those dress sleeves, and love your inky/painty backgrounds!

Leandra x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your artwork. I've never participated in an ATC swap, but would love to be involved in one with you sometime. Blessings!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your artwork. I've never participated in an ATC swap, but would love to be involved in one with you sometime. Blessings!

Neesie said...

Your ATC's are amazing. You're such a talented artist.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful space.
Happy WOYWW ~ have lots of fun ;D
Neesie #26

Unknown said...

Amazing! Also love your organization! Thanks for stopping by my blog! WOYWW #152

BJ said...

Super ATCs Peggy. the colours are scrumptious. BJ#47

Eliza said...

Your atc's are perfect, love what you have done. Thanks for sharing.

Happy crafting this week
Eliza #164
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/
Please respond only to the queenartoypia blog.

Lisa said...

Beaut5iful ATC works amazing job!

Bridget Larsen said...

Your ATCS are awesome, I made some polvoron this week, I think its too sweet though
Bridget #13

Hwee said...

Your ATCs are beautiful! I like how you've used a combination of different techniques to create your cards.

Minxy said...

Thanks for visiting my desk, Sorry i'm a bit late.
Loving the musical backgrounds and the atc is lovely
Hugz Minxy #11

My name is Cindy said...

WOW thOse ATCs are gonna be gorgeous!! Will you be trading? (hint hint). Thanks for popping by to see me for WOYWW - Sorry I am so late, life messed up my plans Weds and this is the first chance I've had to catch up!! Cindy #8

Caz said...

Late visiting everyone (as usual). There's some beautiful artwork going on here!!
Happy Belated WOYWW
Hugs
Caz
x

famfa said...

Gorgeous very clever x. Thanks for visiting

kay said...

wow these are gorgeous,your art work is fab
thanks for visiting me
kay #63

Queenie Jeannie said...

Now I'm even more wow'd!! Such simple supplies and yet you create such masterpieces!!!! Bowled over - BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...busy desk Peggy with a gorgeous rainbow of colour splashed across it...gorgeous image she looks so beautiful in the National Costume...and your ATC's are delightful, so much time and care going into them...thankyou for dropping by me, have a wonderful weekend...Mel :)

Unknown said...

Hi Peggy thanks for popping by. WOW your ATCs are gorgeous. You might not want to let go of them! They would make a lovely framed display. Hugs from Helen 107

PS I did share my toast!

Erika said...

Peggy I love your ATC's stunning work and a great workdesk, thanks for sharing and have a great weekend. Thanks for popping my my desk, hugs, Erika.

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Love that vintage picture and your ATC's amazing

Becky said...

Wow, these are so awesome! I love looking at your artsy desk!!

mommyle said...

LOVE your atc's! Simply beautiful!!!

Monica said...

What gorgeous creations. I knew that in the Philippines there was a great embroidery tradition. Those traditional clothes must be incredible.

Unknown said...

Those ATCs look gorgeous! I bet it is fun working in such a tiny size.

Happy creating!

-Annie

Barb King said...

Peggy, those girls are beautiful! I would be happy to trade with you if you are interested. I appreciate how hard it is to draw faces, I've tried a little without much success. Thanks for stopping by my space, I am really late getting around this week. Barb

Queen Lightwell said...

Wow! Beautiful! Those faces are so gorgeous! And it seems like a very unique idea, too. Your desk looks very busy! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog,
Deeyll #157

Kyla said...

Lovely ATCs and great backgrounds.
Thanks for visiting my desk
Kyla #74

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the music background of the ATCs you're working on. Your girls are lovely. Happy WOYWW from Laura #126 (Thanks for already popping over for a visit and leaving a sweet comment.)

Sue from Oregon said...

Peggy-you ATC's are just wonderful...so so pretty! Happy WOYWW!

Belinda said...

Peggy I love your ATCs the use of the music, vibrant colors and the faces are so beautiful. I will be sure to convince you to swap with me next year!

Morti said...

What lovely ATCs - but your artwork always is rather special....

Thanks for stopping by!

lisa said...

Your ATC's are a true work of art. I love the way you can capture faces and so wish I could do it too. The colours are stunning.
We will all be fighting to swap with you next time.
Sorry to be so late visiting this week and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Lisax #103

Unknown said...

Love your ATC's they are awesome.
Thanks for stopping by.

Carol

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful background papers! Sorry I'm late in returning your visit to my blog last week. Here it is Wednesday again! Yikes. But I think you're the last one I need to visit and thank you for stopping by my blog. Now off to start a new WOYWW and sneak around at other's desks this week. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails