Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: WOYWW: India at Home

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WOYWW: India at Home


I finally got a little space free on my desk after it became a dumping ground for all the stuff I unpacked from my trip to India. Now there are still some remnants of India. My son attended an Indian wedding last January and he came home with this big box of Indian sweets and nuts.  Of course I got the box!


Here are some pens I bought in India as gifts for friends...


And I bought what seems like a whole new change of wardrobe! These are still here because although the embroidery is so awesomely detailed, the seams inside aren't finished.  I haven't decided if I will have them done (Annie would be able to finish them in an instant!) or try to do them myself (but I don't have a serger).



I should go back to tidying up.  It doesn't show, but there is a whole pile on the side due to the usual push back method.  Happy WOYWW, everyone!  Go visit more desks for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday and see what everyone is up to!

17 blog hugs:

kiwimeskreations said...

Your desk is always so interesting Peggy - what a wonderful trip you must have had - your clothing looks gorgeous!
Blessings
Maxine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

interesting need Peggy thanks for sharing ..

What a shame about the magnificent garments finished beautifully on the outside but the critical inside left undone..

there really is a moral in that, isn't there?

May our hearts on the inside be beautiful.. and not worry so much about the outside, O Lord.

Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x # 5

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Loved seeing all your treasure from India. Fabulous garments and how thoughtful of you to bring back those pens.
Happy WOYWW
Sharon xx #10

Lynsey said...

Beautiful desk shot, those Pens are stunning, I have a similar one that is gold my Gran gave me, I know she'd love the ones you have bought too. The embroidery is just stunning. Thank you for sharing. Lyns #17 x

buterfliecrafter said...

your desk breaths India at the moment. REF
happy WOYWW, Vicky #9

glitterandglue said...

Lovely treasures you brought back there, Peggy.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #16

Annie said...

Hehehe you're right I would do them in and instant for you or if you lived a little closer you could pop round to use my serger :-) That would be fun eh?
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #27

Julia Dunnit said...

irresistible splash of colour and skill on your desk peggy. I think I would be the same about the clothes seams. Just don't leave it too long, we need to see them unfolded in all their beauty! Do you have a plan for the box?

Caz said...

Beautiful fabrics - such a shame they weren't finished well inside but that's soon remedied.
Love the pens - nice to write with a bit of bling!
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#40

ToadilyDiane said...

Pretty pens. Sometimes the box is the best part of the gift!

Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #32

Unknown said...

Good morning. The pens are so pretty and the new wardrobe you have is stunning. Glad to hear that you had fun on your trip and enjoy all the goodies you picked up in India Hugs ~ Anne L #36

Sharon said...

You brought back a lot of interesting things from India. I love the box. It's very artsy and interesting. You're right, the fabric is far too beautiful to be put away in a wardrobe somewhere.

Sharon K #45

Kim Collister Studio said...

You know what I love about your desk? All those lovely memories still blessing your heart as you look at them. I love a messy desk of memories!!
Happy creative day to you!

Lindart said...

Welcome home! Your trip to India sounds awesome, the fabric is beautiful! I'm sure the trip will influenece your art in some way! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #54

Tertia said...

Indfia is definately on my bucket list. I would love to go there.
Those clothes look amazing.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #60

Kelly said...

What a lovely trip that must have been. Such vibrant colors all around you! Pretty box. and I love the jewel tones on those pens. Creative Blessings! Kelly #53

SusanLotus said...

I love the Indian fabrics on your desk!
Wish I can visit India some day... All the colours,spices... Dreaming... ;)

Have good week!
Late WOYWW wishes
Sussie, nr 28

Related Posts with Thumbnails