Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: Pilgrim's Progress

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pilgrim's Progress

I have just been to visit Plymouth, Massachusetts so the word pilgrim has been on my mind.

Pil·grim (pilgrəm)
noun
  1. a person who travels about; wanderer
  2. a person who travels to a shrine or holy place as a religious act
  3. ☆ any member of the band of English Puritans who founded Plymouth Colony in 1620
    (from YourDictionary.com)



In Plymouth, is an important symbol in American history...
...Plymouth Rock, the traditional site of disembarkation of the Pilgrims who founded Plymouth Colony in 1620.  The Pilgrims were English Separatists who came to America to seek religious freedom.




Here is the Mayflower II moored at Plymouth Harbor.  It is an accurate replica of the Mayflower which transported the Pilgrims to America.  It was so interesting for me to see these places where the pilgrims first settled in America.







I see myself as a pilgrim too, not only traveling and seeing new places, but journeying through life, just as this song says...



Amen. May all who come behind us find us faithful.
Linking up with Then Sings my Soul Saturday.

1 blog hugs:

Madonna said...

thanks for visiting my blog. I read the cutest little joke today about pilgrims. It goes if April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims

haha Thanks for sharing your song. It was new to me but I really enjoyed it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails