Those of you who follow my blog know that the Mother and Child is one of my favorite themes. And those of you who visited me when I shared about this piece on What's on Your Workdesk Wednesdays know that this piece has some text from a devotional which reads...
"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paint his own nature into his pictures."
Henry Ward Beecher
"In everything we create, works of art, music, literature, even our children - a bit of ourselves is revealed."
Ephesians 2:10 says "You are God's work of art" so isn't it wonderful to think that each one of us is beautiful in some way and reveals a bit of God?
This week's word for the Words of Me Project is "bliss",
1.supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment: wedded bliss.
2.Theology . the joy of heaven.
3. heaven; paradise: the road to eternal bliss.
4. Archaic . a cause of great joy or happiness.
For me, happiness, joy, contentment come from the knowledge of God's love for me, and from the love of family and friends around me. When I became a mother, I understood God's love for me in a deeper way. Though I love my children imperfectly, I love them so much. And so, I realize how great is my Father God's love for me since His love is perfect. God is love. (1 John 4:16) If I want only good for my children, how much more does my Father want only good for me, His daughter. To know this, is bliss!
If you like "A Mother's Masterpiece", and would like a chance to win it, here are the rules...
1. For one entry, please leave a comment on this post.
2. As a special thank you to my followers, for a second entry, please leave a comment on this post telling me you are a follower.
3. If you would like another entry, make a post about the giveaway, or post it on the sidebar of your blog for the month of October, and link it to this post. Comment on this post to tell me you added it to your blog.
I will be picking the winner after October 31, 2010.
Again, thank you so much to all those who follow my blog, come to visit me and leave me a comment to brighten my day. It is a joy and delight to share with you and to hear from you. I hope you like my giveaway and join it! Blessings and Bliss to you!
The giveaway is now closed.
Thank you very much to all who joined.