Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: WOYWW: Xiamen, China

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WOYWW: Xiamen, China


I just came back from a trip to Xiamen, China and here are some goodies I got there.  Some cards with intricate paper cutting...


a set of bookmarks souvenirs from the island of Gulangyu...


The island is on China's list of National Scenic Spots and also ranks at the top of the list of the ten most-scenic areas in the province.  I also bought a hanging bell with lovely Chinese knotting there.


Here is a prayer journal illustration in progress...


and a finished one which is my hope for Shoshi and Shaz, who I just found out have cancer.  Say a prayer for their healing, won't you?



12 blog hugs:

Unknown said...

Those card you got from China are beautiful. Your painting is just stunning. #10

Helen said...

The intricate cards from China are gorgeous ! I am sure you will make some beautiful art with your memories of your trip. Helen 4

Queenie Jeannie said...

What an exciting trip!! We are moving to South Korea in July, and hope to visit China while there. I imagine the crafting goodies are amazing! Already praying for your friends....such a terrible thing to go through. Blessings to you!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #5

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing cards Peggy - your souvenirs are all beautiful, as is your art!
Yes I will pray for your friends
Blessings
Maxine

MrsC.x said...

what sad news your friends have had, add my best wishes for them also.

beautiful bits and pieces from China and gorgeous paintings from you

Happy WOYWW
love Mrs. C x
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/woyww-january-28th-2015.html

Neet said...

What a lovely lady you are and yes, I will join in prayer for both these ladies (I have been doing so for a while for Shaz).
How exciting to visit China. I went in the 90's and loved every minute of it - would love to go back but fear my health would not be up to it now. Memories however!
Hugs, Neet 1 (got a sore finger so typing is difficult)

Neet said...

What a lovely lady you are and yes, I will join in prayer for both these ladies (I have been doing so for a while for Shaz).
How exciting to visit China. I went in the 90's and loved every minute of it - would love to go back but fear my health would not be up to it now. Memories however!
Hugs, Neet 1 (got a sore finger so typing is difficult)

glitterandglue said...

A lovely post, Peggy. I, too have been praying for ShazS. Great memories of your trip to China. Our elder daughter visited the other year and loved her time there.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #33

Annie said...

I just doing my usual blog dash while my little munchkins are happily occupied.
I always love seeing the things you pick up on your travels.
Hugs,
Annie x. #23

Anne said...

Such lovely souvenirs of your trip. have been praying for Shaz for a while and found out about Shoshi a couple of weeks ago, your page is beautiful. Anne x #32

Karen Letchworth said...

Your art is stunning, thought-provoking, and beautiful, Peggy. Thanks so much for all you do to encourage me and to be a blessing to Word Art Wednesday.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Hi Peggy, I just happy to find your beautiful art pieces on Pinterest and had to stop by and visit you trying to figure out how to follow your BLog. I can't seem to figure that out but will on Pinterest. Your works are such a blessing and I plan to share giving you regards for your works. BIg Texas Hugs, AntoinetteT

Related Posts with Thumbnails