Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: WOYWW: Getting Ready

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WOYWW: Getting Ready

Advent is a time of preparation, of getting ready.  Ready for Jesus' coming; past, present and future. Past, as we celebrate His birth this Christmas; present, as we become aware of how he comes to us everyday or prepare for when we finally meet Him face to face, and future, when he comes again in glory.


My desk is also getting ready!  All is clear and it looks like the calm before the storm (by the way, the big storm Hagupit - which is a Tagalog word for a beating - did not pass our way.)  I am getting ready to do some gift wrapping and since there was no space on my desk, I just had to tidy up.

For my prayer journal illustration, I have a drawing of Jesus' Mother Mary, my favorite painting subject and a lovely quote from Pope Francis...


"The mystery of this girl from Nazareth, who is in the heart of God, is not estranged from us. She is not there and we over here. No, we are connected. Indeed, God rests his loving gaze on every man and every woman! By name and surname. His gaze of love is on every one of us. The Apostle Paul states that God “chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him” (Eph 1:4). We too, from all time, were chosen by God to live a holy life, free of sin. It is a plan of love that God renews every time we come to him..."  

Like Mary, "let us also recognize our truest destiny, our deepest vocation: to be loved, to be transformed by love, to be transformed by the beauty of God."

Linking up with What's on Your Workdesk WednesdayWord Art Wednesday and Inspire Me Monday.


14 blog hugs:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Quelle jolie illustration... A chaque fois vous m'étonnez.

Gros bisous ♡

Chrysalis said...

Hi Peggy - beautiful picture to match the encouraging verse. My Mum is reading 'The Great Reformer', the biography of the Pope, and really enjoying it. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 13

sandra de said...

Now that is a far too tidy desk. Stay safe.
Sandra de @33

Annie said...

I'm supervising the munchkins playing happily with their Lego so grabbing a few minutes to do a dash round some of my favourite blogs.
I'm so glad to hear you are safe. I've been sending prayers your way.
Hugs,
Annie x #19

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah when it comes to gift wrapping, space is at a premium! Very relieved to hear that the storm swept past you,there must have been a lot of concern.

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful painting. Thank you for the encouraging words. #48

Tertia said...

What a lovely painting and inspiring words.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #32

Tertia said...

What a lovely painting and inspiring words.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #32

kiwimeskreations said...

So glad to hear that the cyclone did not 'beat' you - love your tidy desk, and your beautiful painting.
Blessings
Maxine

Lisca said...

I love your painting (and the inspirational scripture verse).
An empty desk! New beginnings!
Sorry I'm late but I like to take my time. Sometimes I start at the top and sometimes at the bottom....
Have a good week,
Lisca#25

fairyrocks said...

Lovely reflective post. Your desk is in pause as it should be.

itsamistry said...

Love your painting it looks so serene. Sorry for my late visit., Anita #39

Ginny Maxam said...

your work is so inspiring and amazing, I feel blessed with every post!!
Thank you!
Ginny M

Unknown said...

Beautiful, inspirational, serene, challenging so lovely Peggy. We really appreciate that you are posting art with us in this two week challenge, at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you and yours, Carole Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Related Posts with Thumbnails