Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: WOYWW: Textiles from my Travels

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WOYWW: Textiles from my Travels


Happy Wednesday, dear blog friends!  Obviously, I haven't recovered from my recent trip to Laos and Thailand and my desk is filled with some of the wonderful textile crafts I got there.  From Laos, the detail of one of the bags I bought with awesome applique from the Hmong tribe which comes from the back of their traditional shirt...


Some pillow shams with applique...



Embroidered throw pillow covers and a woven bag...



and a box covered in Thai silk...


And that's what's on my desk today for What's on our Workdesk Wednesday.  For Word Art Wednesday...




I didn't get to do much visiting last week but I am thankful for all your visits.  I'm hoping I can find the time this week.  Til next week, be blessed!

15 blog hugs:

Maxine D said...

Oh Peggy these textiles are fabulous - I do love Asian embroideries!!
Blessings
Maxine

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère Peggy,

Votre bureau est chargé de trésors... J'aime beaucoup... et ce dernier trésor qu'est votre dessin est sublime !

Gros bisous ☂

Regina Hamilton said...

You picked up some really beautiful textiles. Your painting is really stunning. #8

Bridget Larsen said...

You got some great stuff there and the colours are so vibrant
Bridget #2

Chrysalis said...

Such gorgeous reminders of your trip! I love the art work today - again! Have a lovely week, Chris # 7

Annie said...

What stunning textiles Peggy. Thanks for sharing them with us....so inspiring.
Hugs,
Annie x # 27

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

What wonderful textures and colors on the textiles you chose. Lovely to see you were able to find such beautiful specimens!
Glenda 37

Diane Baker-Williams said...

The embroidery work on those is simply amazing! The wild flowers you drew are stunning. Diane #25

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely treasures from you trip Peggy, happy WOYWW Cheers RobynO#39

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely textiles and journal pages! I'm still trying to get to grips with shading of faces.. You seem to have mastered this already! Happy Wednesday! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #42

Sandy Leigh said...

Gorgeous textiles - and I love your word art. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #51

Lisca Meijer said...

Those textiles are beautiful. I have traveled in Thailand (North) and Laos too many years ago in the early seventies. I was backpacking and couldn't bring back much, which is a shame....
I love your word art. and your painting too.
Thank you for letting me look over your shoulder.
Have a good week.
Lisca#28

Katie Muck said...

Wow! Fabulous haul.

Katie #63

Julia Dunnit said...

My word, you sure have an eye for picking out the beautiful stuff - wonderful textiles, what an interesting trip!

okienurse said...

beautiful textiles and fibers! Love all the patterns and colors. Awesome find! Have a great week. Vickie #68

Related Posts with Thumbnails