Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: My Journal Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

My Journal Pages

Deciding this year to make my prayer journal an art journal has been a blessing for me. The time spent drawing and painting has been added time to reflect on the verses from the bible and what they mean to me.  


But it is a challenge as well to find the time to do it.  Sometimes I don't get to finish the page in the morning and have go back to it after I get back from work.  Sometimes I have to continue the following day adding  whatever I want in the previous days' pages.  But it is a good challenge because I get to do art everyday!


Here are some illustrations from my prayer journal, with verses from the first book of Samuel.  In this book, Hannah prayed for a son and she waited a long time before her prayer was answered.  When she finally had a son (Samuel) this is what she said...



Together, with Hannah, "My heart exults in the Lord.  I rejoice in my victory". 1 Samuel 2:1

When Samuel was a boy, he heard his name being called and although he did not recognize the Lord's voice, he obeyed what Eli the priest told him to say...


Although there have been times when I have been certain of God's direction for me, I'm sure there have been many times when the Lord has called me and I didn't recognize his voice.  But I continue to try to listen and grow in recognizing his voice.  I continue to say, "Speak, Lord, your servant is listening". 1 Samuel 3:9


And if you are interest in digital scrapbooking, you still have time to join my giveaway for the My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Software.   Happy creating!

54 blog hugs:

martinealison said...

Un travail qui n'en est pas, seulement du bonheur en image avec une belle source d'inspiration...
Magnifiques illustrations.
Gros bisous

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Peggy may the Lord always give us ears to hear! Shaz in oz.x

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely creations ~ very colorful and creative ~ keeping the faithnamaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ~

Catherine Denton said...

Your girls are sweetly paired with their verses. Love the hair and the music notes skirt.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Catherine Denton

Helen Campbell said...

How wonderful you are doing art every day. Beautiful creations!

carlarey said...

Your illustrations are just so joyful. I smile every time I look at them.

Faye said...

Your blog is one I really look forward to each week to see how you have illustrated the scriptures. This week your work is so beautiful. I love the joy I see in the Hannah one and the listening stance in the second one.

peggy gatto said...

So joyful, a delight to see!!!

Anne Butera said...

These are beautiful!

Happy PPF!

Christine said...

beautiful pages!

WrightStuff said...

This is another stunning piece for your journal.

Tracey FK said...

These pages are just so lovely and I love your colour palette as always.... I think we share a love of the same sorts of colours... hope you have the most wonderful week...xx

Lisabella Russo said...

These are so sweet! It's so nice to be able to see your art, it's lovely!

Debbie said...

Very beautiful journal pages. So full of joy. Your colors are fresh and clean.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Beautiful, brightly painted pages! :)

Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Jen Price said...

I love her music note skirt!

Roberta said...

Your sketches and pages are beautiful! It's wonderful that ou can combine your passions into one heartfelt place...art journals are the best ;} Thanks for hopping on over from in the studio this friday. Have a wonderful week. Fondly, Roberta

Cindy said...

I love this one...I know what you mean about finding the time; I can see how a page could evolve over a matter of days, and the meditations for those days...Blessings!

Cherry Warrick said...

Beautiful drawings in your journal! And also was fun to see your digital scrapbooking of your Europe trip - have fun making more pages!

Ayala Art said...

Peggy how beautiful ans joyful, thanks for sharing.♥

Unknown said...

Love their dresses!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful illustrations, glad your finding spirit in what you create. xox Corrine

Sylvia R said...

I really like these illustrations -- and I wouldn't say so if I didn't! I can see how you would have to finish after you got home from work. They look quite time-consuming. Thank you for sharing these. They are a joy to behold. And God bless you as you continue in this beautiful work!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous! What a fun and colorful ways to express your prayers. :)

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Your sketches are so lovely and what a beautiful way and lovely keepsake for your prayers.

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Your journal pages are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them. I enjoyed seeing your illustrations for these Scripture verses. And thanks for visiting my site and leaving such sweet comments. Blessings, Gail (Bible Love Notes)

ANNE said...

Oh I so have to get a journal!!! Love your pages, especially like that you used a sheet of music as the girl's skirt - very cool!

Diane Writes said...

Hi Peggy! Stories and reflections like of your post, always strengthens my belief that God indeed works in the most mysterious ways. He believes, listens and hears our prayers. :)

Beth Morey said...

Oh I love these, especially the second one. They remind me of Mary Engelbreit.

A'n'G Johnson said...

how lovely to use art as part of your prayer.

Pamela said...

Beautiful, of course. But I love the emphasis on listening to God. Sometimes it seems like I do all the talking. I'm trying to put aside the natural inclination to talk to God and just sit in His presence and listen.

Blessings,
Pamela

Mandy said...

seriously you must turn this into a book...it has been wonderful to see all your beautiful pages...xxx

*jean* said...

beautiful! happy PPF!

SHERI COOK said...

I really enjoy your scriptures inspired art. It blesses many who visit and see them.
Happy PPF!
Sheri Cook/HappyHorseStudio

Carola Bartz said...

Your idea of doing your prayer journal as an art journal is beautiful. Your art becomes a prayer in itself. The colors are brilliant and very vibrant which I like a lot.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the color choices you made. I really like the idea of an artful prayer journal. When I am creating I feel the closest to the Lord so this fits perfectly. :)

Daniele Valois said...

Adorable work!

Gwen said...

Wonderful paintings which mean so much to you....lovely :)
xx

Victoria said...

So beautiful..powerful and amazing!
Shine on!
Victoria

Heather said...

they look so happy!
nice work!!!!!

Melisa said...

These are wonderful. I always enjoy your prayer journal pages.

Tammie Lee said...

quite charming and expressive.

EVA said...

These are gorgeous pages and so joyous.

lissa said...

wonderful! they seem cheerful.

Sabina said...

Wow these are so pretty. I love your choices of colors and details (hair flower, music notes), and I think that is so cool that you're incorporating art into your prayer journal. Keep up the great work.

Alexandra MacVean said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I really love the first one. SO precious. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us. Happy SS! :)

Unknown said...

The little girls are adorable. I love all the colors and textures on them!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

These are beautiful. I really enjoying seeing your prayer journal pages. How wonderful to mix your art with these amazing words! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us 'in the studio'!

Elisa Choi said...

You're the same with Patsy from PPF who creates inspirational spiritual art journal pages. I was planning to do so this year but haven't started. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration. You created lovely drawings and beautiful words from God.

Geckostone said...

These are beautiful, so full of love!!!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I LOVE that you combine your prayer journal & art journal. What a beautiful idea and wonderful way to glorify HIM. LOVE!

Marcia Beckett said...

Beautiful artwork. Sometimes I sit in the back of church and sketch during the sermon, incorporating quotes and phrases. I don't know what other people think about that, but it helps me focus. :)

Jenny Petricek said...

Beautiful and inspirational! God is such an important part of our who we are and what we do as artists. The spirit is within us, guiding us, helping us to find our way through the things we create.

Just recently joined Just Journals challenge, and am happy to make your acquaintance! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Tracy said...

Loved your post and journal..inspirational Peggy.
I have just created my first two pages in my art journal and joined up with the link party at Marcia`s blog.
So glad i did you are all truly inspiring.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails